BimmerBrakes GEN3 M54B25/M54B30 Performance Headers
The BimmerBrakes Performance Headers for the E46 3 Series swap the factory’s highly-restrictive headers with integrated cats for our Stainless Steel headers with cats below for a dramatic improvement in performance.
To see what we mean, just take a closer look at the factory manifolds:
- The exhaust catalysts are situated right against the cylinder head, causing extreme heat build up
- Cylinders 1-3 and 4-6 each channel through to a single restrictive pipe
- These characteristics create extreme heat thanks to an inherently bottleneck design
BimmerBrakes’s Performance Header system is designed to eliminate this problem without compromising durability. The factory exhaust catalysts are removed in the process, making this solution suited only for off-road race applications. Optional low-placement cat units are available to help maintain emission standards, but please consult your area’s regulations and laws before installing these racing exhaust headers.
Off-Road Use Only Designed and recommended for track, off-road & racing purposes only. May not be used on public highways. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to ensure that the use of their vehicle and items purchased complies with federal, state, and local regulations. This BimmerBrakes product is not legal for sale or use in California on any pollution-controlled motor vehicle. Performance products are legal only for racing or off-road applications, and race-modified vehicles may never be used on a public highway.
BimmerBrakes Performance Headers for the E46 3 Series Key Features:
- Creates optimum flow and eliminates restriction
- A definite power/performance improver over stock
- Dyno-tested performance gains
- Bolts up to existing factory exhaust system for a precise fit
- Complete mounting hardware
- Suitable for naturally aspirated and supercharged forced induction applications
- 304 stainless steel construction for long life
- Life-time Year Warranty with free tech support
- NOTE: These will NOT fit with cars with a ZF Automatic Transmission.
Worth every penny
Posted by Jeremy on 28th Nov 2014
For the amount of money I paid for the GEN3 headers, I was surprised at what I received. They were finished very well, had very thick mounting flanges and were well radius'd inside. The fit was better than expected and with minor adjustment, I was able to get things bolted together properly. The upstream oxygen sensor locations are ideal but the downstream sensor locations did not allow for the O2 non foulers I intended to install. All in all, besides some shipment issues, its a well made product for an unbeatable price.